First impressions last


WORDS THAT DESCRIBE ME ^_^


"First impressions lasts and thoughtless words leave lasting wounds."


Once a first impression is made, if it’s less than great, unfortunately it takes a long time to change it.

Why? Of course, first impressions are your first view of someone else. Every day, these views change. You get to know them more. You’re free to tell them your opinions. Once you say to them, you can’t just take it back or ask them to forget it. They will remember each word you said about them. Especially if it is hurtful. They say that it’s easy to forgive, but it is hard to forget.

Experts say it takes between five and 15 seconds for someone to form a first impression about a person. According to William Thourlby in his book “You Are What You Wear: The Key to Business Success,” the first time we meet someone, we’re trying to size them up. People look at socio-economic status, level of education, social position, level of sophistication, economic background, social background, moral character and level of success. - Harvey Mackay

Still, it’s very interesting to know someone’s first impression of you, right?

That’s what happened in our Media and Information Literacy class. We had an activity where we write on sticky notes. We place a word we want to describe someone, and give it to them. I was very curious, yet also scared that I’ll get negative words. It was fun. We stand up, roam around, and stick these to their backs. Each of these notes has a word that tells something about us. Once I read these notes, I immediately learned that I was loud and noisy. There were different words but they mostly said that I’m noisy. I’m touched by the few notes that told me good things. Some said that I was talented. I even laughed at those who wrote the word ‘cute’ for me because I already know that I’m cute.



Comments

Popular Posts